Winter 2013 Final Exam Information
Exam Period: Thursday April 11 - Saturday April 20 (Sat Apr 13 & 20 INCLUSIVE)
- All University of Guelph-Humber exams are two (2) hours in duration.
- Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Degree Completion
- Family & Community Social Services
- Justice Studies
- Media Studies
Final Examination Policy and Procedures
- All students are required to write their final exams during the scheduled exam time period.
- Students are NOT permitted to reschedule final examinations or extend final assignment deadlines outside of the final examination period with faculty members.
- If you cannot make it to a final exam or submit a final assignment, please contact your Academic Advisor immediately.
- Requests to re-schedule final exams due to pleasure travel will be denied.
- Any student who is absent during his/her exam must submit a Request for Academic Consideration form, with written documentation to support a medical, psychological or compassionate explanation for their absence. A compassionate reason refers specifically to an emergency situation that can be supported with documentation (e.g., the death of a close relative).
- Doctor's notes must be dated within 24 hours of the exam for which you are requesting consideration. Notes acquired days/weeks after the exam will not be accepted. All documentation submitted is confidential.
- Anyone who has his/her Academic Consideration granted will be required to write their missed exam during the deferred exam period.
- Students who are denied Academic Consideration will have a final grade assigned based on the course work they have completed.
- Please review the section on Academic Consideration in the Academic Calendar for other policies and procedures related to exams.
- Students registered with Disability Services (DS) must make appropriate accommodations at least two weeks prior to the final exam period and notify their instructors as well as the Faculty Support Officer for their program using the test appointment sheets issued by DS.