Skip to main navigation Skip to sub (page-level) navigation Skip to content


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply to the University of Guelph-Humber?

To apply for admission to the University of Guelph-Humber, please apply online through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). All university programs are assigned program codes by the OUAC. The codes for University of Guelph-Humber programs are:

  • GDB Business
  • GHE Early Childhood / Early Childhood Degree Completion
  • GHF Family and Community Social Services
  • GMP Justice Studies
  • GMU Justice Studies (BAA)
  • GHK Kinesiology
  • GMT Media Studies
  • GMA Psychology

You will find the codes for the University of Guelph-Humber listed within the University of Guelph section of the OUAC online application. For more information regarding application dates and deadline, visit

What are the application deadlines for admission to the University of Guelph-Humber?
Ontario High School:
  • January 15, 2014: Application deadline for students currently enrolled in a secondary school program (including home schooled).
  • April 1, 2014: Deadline for currently enrolled Ontario high school students to submit supplementary documentation and English proficiency results (where required).
  • May 1, 2014: Deadline for submitting a High School Student Profile Form.
How do you assess different curricula?
  • Ontario: 4U and 4M courses are considered equivalent and averages obtained in either will be considered equally.
  • Outside Ontario (Canadian): Applicants within Canada but outside the Ontario secondary school system must present academic standing equivalent to Ontario grade 12 academic courses in addition to satisfying specific subject requirements for the program of interest.
  • Home Schooled: Home-schooled applicants who are unable to provide an externally evaluated official transcript can apply with an SAT1 and three SAT2 subject test scores.
  • International Baccalaureate: Student with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma must present a minimum score of 24.
  • Advanced Placement: Applicants who have completed Advanced Placement exams with a minimum grade of four may be eligible to receive university credits (to a maximum of two) at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
I graduated from high school a year ago, and I haven't attended college or university. Am I at a disadvantage compared to students who are applying directly from high school?
No, we will evaluate your application using the same academic criteria and you will be equally considered for the same scholarships, bursaries and residence as students applying directly from high school.
Can I apply for January admission?
At this time the University of Guelph-Humber only offers a January entry point to the Business program for applicants who are transferring from a recognized high-affinity college diploma program. Please visit this link for more information about the January entry point for Business. The University does not have January admission for any of the other programs.
Can I apply for part-time studies?
We do not have specific admission for part-time studies however students can choose to take a part-time course load and are encouraged to speak with their Academic Advisor to plan out their courses.
How do you consider repeat courses?
In the case of repeated courses for secondary school applicants, we will consider the highest mark for an admission decision. For transfer students, the University will consider your cumulative average.
Does it matter how I ranked the University of Guelph-Humber in my choice of universities?
No, the order of the universities on the application form does not affect admission or scholarships to the University of Guelph-Humber.
However, if you are applying to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber, you should place your choices in order of preference. You can expect to receive only one offer of admission from the University of Guelph-Humber. Your highest ranked program will be considered first, so we recommend that you place your preferred program as your first choice when you are filling out the university application form. If you are a high school applicant and you decide to change your highest ranked program, please do so by the deadline date of March 1, 2014.
If you are offered admission to your highest ranked program but would like to be considered for a lower ranked program instead, please contact Admission Services at
Does the University of Guelph-Humber take non-academic factors into consideration when admitting students?
Yes. At the University of Guelph-Humber we recognize that non-academic factors play an important role in student life.
The Student Profile Form allows applicants to describe their extracurricular activities that demonstrate leadership qualities and personal development. It also allows applicants to explain circumstances that may have affected their academic performance. The Student Profile will be available online in November. This is especially important if your admission average falls between the 70.0 - 74.9% range, or does not meet the requirements of the program you are applying for. Although submitting is optional, we strongly recommend that applicants complete the form as this information will be taken into consideration when making admission decisions and because it is the basis for deciding the Student Profile Scholarship recipients.
What does a conditional offer of admission mean?
All offers of admission made to applicants currently enrolled in a secondary school program will be conditional upon the successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of six 4U/M grades and a minimum final admission average 0f 70%, including required courses.
Can I defer my offer of admission?
We recommend that you apply to the year you wish to enrol in however, we do consider deferrals on a case by case basis.
What happens if I fail a course or my final admission average falls below 70% after receiving an offer of admission from the University of Guelph-Humber?
It is up to you to contact Admission Services at the University of Guelph-Humber as soon as possible so we can review your individual circumstances. If you complete any required courses during night or summer school and meet the admission requirements you may be considered pending space availability.
How do I submit documents to the University of Guelph-Humber?
Please submit all original documents by the respective deadlines to:

University of Guelph-Humber
Admissions Services - GH108
207 Humber College Blvd.
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7